Saturday, July 12, 2014

Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 Removing Windows 8.1 Installing Windows 7

Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 Removing Windows 8.1 Installing Windows 7

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know... We all got excited by getting this new laptop from Toshiba but... since there’s no much information on the web regarding this product and how to downgrade it to Windows 7 well… I decided to take the challenge, it took me awhile but...


Guess what!? !!!!...


I figured it out!!! I manage to install all the drivers including the Flash Cards Utility better known as Added Value Package.



Keep reading it gets better! ;P

Probably you hate Windows 8.1 as much as I do, so as soon as I got this laptop I spent many days looking into forums searching for solutions on the web in order to install Windows 7 on it (trying to make a dual-boot machine) but none of them seem to work there was always something missing or just not working properly. So that been said lets get rid of that shitty ass Windows 8.1 because there’s no way to install Windows 7 directly. So don’t waste your time by making a partition on the HDD it won’t work.


So here’s what we’re going to do, first! make a image from the actual Windows 8.1 or just make a driver backup using this tool (the important part are the drivers even though you can get them in the Toshiba site is better getting them this way, (more comfortable)




Once you install it (Driver Max), make a back up with it, the program is very straight forward so I don’t think anyone will have any problem with it.


Windows 8.1 driver backup:



Once you’ve done the driver backup put them in a USB flash just keep them safe!.
Make sure you install the latest BIOS V1.40 for your computer WHILE STILL HAVING THE WINDOWS 8.1 INSTALLED ON YOUR MACHINE because this update will allow you to change from UEFI to CS BOOT or better known as “Legacy” (so you can make the Windows 7 installation on your computer because the previous versions got no option to switch it to CS BOOT) otherwise you won’t be able to install Windows 7 because the UEFI is some kind of validation for Windows 8.1 so they basically want to force you to use Windows 8.1 only in this machine.



You can get the latest BIOS (V1.40) Update here:

THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 ONLY! SO WE NEED TO MAKE THE UPDATE ON THE BIOS FIRST OTHERWISE WE WON’T BE ABLE TO UPDATED IT THROUGH WINDOWS 7.




You can learn more about the UEFI here:




Here’s how to access the BIOS:



The thing is if you change the settings from the BIOS from EUFI to CS BOOT then it won’t let you access the Windows 8.1 when you restart your machine, so here’s the tricky part. You’ll need a Windows 7 copy after changing from UEFI to CS BOOT then you can begin your Windows 7 installation, yeah but don't get that excited is not that easy!!!! in order to install it you’ll need to delete the Windows 8.1 partitions completely from the HDD, use the Windows 7 tool to delete the partitions on the HDD then format it, once you do that is when you can start installing Windows 7 the right way.

Here's a video about how to make a clean installation (Windows 7):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mME9VLT7-xw

 

After the deletion (recovery, System reserve, etc.) start the Windows 7 installation it will install normal, as always.

You may ask yourself why do I have to delete the whole thing? (Windows 8.1) well it has a security that makes a validation that is in fact a Windows 8.1 copy (that’s why the UEFI thing) it works directly so automatically will look for it so the Windows 8.1 can boot up.

Ok here’s the other tricky part! you’ll love this one!!! the thing about installing the Windows 7 is that it will recognize almost everything but you’ll need to get this driver for the USB 3.0 so this one is the key for the rest of the installation but!!! guess what!?!?!?!.

It won’t recognize any USB port, so you’ll need to burn it into a CD or a DVD (the 3.0 USB driver) because is the only thing that it will work on the computer is the DVD drive so, if you have another computer burn the driver into a CD or a DVD then install it on the laptop.

USB 3.0 driver here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!u9xQELrY!pZacJ-7q1Mf5wmkfIMbClsAvqWmYq5MOpVIB9rBYWCk

Once you’ve download the Windows 7 drivers just restore them by using Driver Max tool, go to “restore” and look up for the file (the backup file with the drivers) that’s it wait for the system to restore them and restart the system.  


Here’s the link for the Windows 7 drivers:



After restoring these drivers you should have something like this (I only showed those that are commonly missing)

PDF driver image with driver info after installation (Windows 7):



Here's another link with the information, I simplified things for you here, you'll find instructions + Windows 7 drivers (Windows 7 drivers only)  + Driver max tool.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/741vu57f9753v/Window_7_Drivers_C55-A5105 




Well… that’s pretty much it enjoy your Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 with Windows 7.



Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 Specs:



8 comments:

  1. So I don't know if you got the last comment... my wife was signed in and not me.

    Thanks for posting this. I have the same laptop and this was a good starting point. I've had some trouble getting to a few of your links.

    "Windows 8.1 driver backup" and "Windows 7 drivers" won't download.

    The USB 3.0 driver downloads and goes through setup, but doesn't seem to do anything.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a complete solution there in one link so you can finally make your computer work with Windows 7. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. Once I had made a windows 7 recovery disc on my main computer, I was then able to boot up my toshiba laptop with that. I got into the command prompt window, inserted my windows 7 installation disc, and was able to install windows 7. Thanks for the advice on the recovery disc!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this thing going on today but the usb problem solved after I changed some settings in the 8.1 bios.My main problem now is that I only searching for a LAN driver to get online..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is all there make sure you install them using the Drivermax tool, that will do the job. (its a back up made by me from my PC) I hope that helps.

      Delete
  4. ok thnx did with findthedriver programm but can't find a driver for my webcam on this toshiba C-55 a-5105

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said is all there what you're looking for is the utility not the driver, when you install the pack from the link is all there, no missing drivers. Make sure you look up on the Toshiba official site for the webcam app.

      Delete